Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Blogging Tactfully
Yesterday, Heather and I were up to our eyeballs until midnight working on a video for the Cub Scout Roundup this evening. Why do today what you can put off 'til tomorrow, right?

Boy, am I proud of it! The video begins with a bugle call for assembly while flashing old Norman Rockwell Boy Scout and Cub Scout paintings. It then fades to black and opens with a picture of the 2005 Boy Scout Jamboree in Fredricksburg, VA, with audio.

I was able to download President Bush's entire speech at this year's event. We also struck gold when I found free audio editing software. So I was able to pull out President Bush's introduction; I faded the applause into more applause; and then I faded into his quote on the characteristics of a good scout. I was able to display several images of the Jamboree and overlay the audio. Man, is it good!

The video then continues with pictures of our scouts participating in activities throughout the past couple of years--all set to the old Boy Scout Hymn "Follow Me, Boys!"

But all day yesterday I thought, "What am I going to blog about today?" I had several subjects, but I didn't think it would be tactful to post a couple of them for fear that friends or relatives (mostly friends) might read it. Blogging was so much easier when I didn't think anyone might be reading.

I'm not talking about stuff like cat hair and urine. I mean stuff that I feel that I'd have to follow up with a phone call explaining in more detail for fear of offending. Matters of right and wrong. Them right and me wrong? Hmmm?

Aha! Today I was inspired with a new blog topic. Wow! Is this going to be a good one. In fact, it might be a all-weeker just to break up the post into smaller, bitesize pieces.
posted by Joe Napalm @ 10:58 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Home: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
About Me:
Complete profile

Christmas Wish List
Previous Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Promote

Get Firefox!

 Use OpenOffice.org

Made on Fedora




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.