Thursday, December 15, 2005
My (Current) Dream
Many of you know of my dream to open a fitness facility in Seymour or South Knoxville (Wouldn't the new South Grove development be a great place for a gym?). But, I don't have $1 million in capital. I also understand that the fitness business is unpredictable.

So, here's my new dream. However, be prepared for it to change tomorrow.

The African-American or Black community has no personality or, at least, has lost its identity. When I think of the Mexican community, I think of big families, great restaurants and hard workers. The Asian people have great restaurants and a very rich culture. You can travel around East Tennessee and experience the many great restaurants with Mexican, Thai, Vietnamese or European influence. But what about the African community?

Could we not open a P. F. Chang-style restaurant that serves soul food? I guess you could argue that Shoney's is close (Just kidding). But, I'd like to see a blues-playing, barbecue-and-greens-serving, culture-rich restaurant on Magnolia -- the type of place that you take clients during the weekday and take the family on Friday night.

If that dream is too far-fetched, how about a Popeye's Chicken? Tell me you can't get a grant to open one on the East Side. And I believe Popeye's would be popular enough to open in South Knoxville and Kingston Pike. And then I could fulfill a new dream of having a Maybach with the license plate: "Pop I".

Uh-oh, here comes another dream. Gotta go.
posted by Joe Napalm @ 10:30 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger BJ not BK said…

    Preposterous, Ludacris, unbelievable....you know what? It might just work. What about Sweet Daddy Ken's Titanic BBQ...goes down easy?

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger jholden said…

    I always wanted to open The Ghetto Grill. Soul Food+Hot Sauce=Chedda', you dig cracker, ya feel me?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Home: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
About Me:
Complete profile

Christmas Wish List
Previous Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Promote

Get Firefox!

 Use OpenOffice.org

Made on Fedora




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.