Friday, March 17, 2006
Wise Words from BK
Many of you know how frustrated I've been at work the past two weeks because of, well, idiots. So, yesterday, I had my weekly therapy session with Dr. BK. He said what quite possibly could be the wisest thing I've heard in weeks.*

I told him that I think my frustrations at work are due to the fact that I feel like it's a baseball game and no one is playing their position.** I'm playing first base -- or any other position -- and when the ball's hit to me, I field it to the best of my ability. I know it's my ball and I'll get it. Someone can "back me up," but I know that this grounder is mine. I field it and come up to throw it to a bag and no one's there. They're standing beside me telling me how I could've fielded the ball better while the runners are rounding the bases. Fair analogy, right? Well, BK said, "The problem is that you think that you're playing baseball when everyone else is running a race."

Brilliant.

_____________
* M, if he stole this from you, I apologize for not giving credit where credit is due. I know he's terrible for stealing brilliant ideas from you and using them as his own. ;P

** Hair, I don't want to hear anything out of you about me using an analogy. Life really is like a box of chocolates.
posted by Joe Napalm @ 9:14 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Joe Napalm said…

    OK, I can't have people smarter than me posting on my site. It takes all of the fun out of it.

    Really, thanks for the reminder, M. I do get caught up in this mess and look for answers in the wrong places.

    I love you! Ewww.

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger jholden said…

    I'ts hard to remember, but it's not about us, it's all about Him. No matter the trial(s) you may be going through you need to stop and tell yourself that no matter what it is, is God getting the glory and honor for it or from it? That's tough, especially when faced with Cancer, or even falling off the side of a mountain...almost.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Home: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
About Me:
Complete profile

Christmas Wish List
Previous Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Promote

Get Firefox!

 Use OpenOffice.org

Made on Fedora




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.