Tuesday, August 31, 2004
Camaraderie
So I'm now in the States! What a culture shock! I now have to pay for stuff. What gives...?

The last night in Kosovo, four of us decided to take a shower before our flight. The problem was that our baggage was loaded on the truck and we weren't allowed to remove the bags because the Customs MPs had already checked them for contraband. So Cole and Andy made a run to the PX for items including soap, underwear, socks, towels and shower shoes. I was the only one with my shower bag out of the group. So I ran to the gym to "borrow" towels.

We showered at the old barracks. Cole gave a pair of socks to Van. Andy gave me the second pair of underwear from his shopping trip (I think Cole and Van went "commando"). We all used my spray deodorant and shampoo.

Anyway, that's why I do this: Because of the camaraderie. I'd like to say I do this Army thing for honor or service to country. But the truth is I do this because of the close friendships I've made.

"...They will never understand. It's about the man beside you." -- from the movie Blackhawk Down
posted by Joe Napalm @ 7:31 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Home: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
About Me:
Complete profile

Christmas Wish List
Previous Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Promote

Get Firefox!

 Use OpenOffice.org

Made on Fedora




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.