Friday, September 16, 2005
Free Prose Friday
1. Just before Tennessee runs through the tunnel and through the T, they all touch a sign above the door just outside of the locker room that states, "I will give my all for Tennessee today." Many other football clubs have similar traditions. Notre Dame is probably the most well known with "Play like a champion today."

Why not bring this into the workplace? Before I enter my cubicle I could tap this and point skyward:

Something's brewing, and I suppose one of these days we shall
know what it is. Until then all that we little victims can do is play
unconscious of our doom.
I found this quote in my readings of Mr. Midshipman Hornblower.

2. Stare Decisis (pronounced STAR-ee deh-SI-sis). Latin "to stand by that which is decided." The principal that the precedent decisions are to be followed by the courts. The doctrine of stare decisis is not always to be relied upon, for the courts find it necessary to overrule cases which have been hastily decided, or contrary to principle.*

3. I scribbled this down earlier in the week: Walk like you love the walk.

4. Why do I not care that many, many people have been cut from TennCare? I'm not a callous person. But here's some interesting facts: a) 25% of Wal-Mart's 37,000 employees in Tennessee were on TennCare. b) The average TennCare enrollee filled 5.56 prescriptions per month. That's an average! In simple terms, if four people are on TennCare and three only fill one prescription per month, the fourth person will fill just over 19 prescriptions that month! Wow! c) Communists for TennCare. Need I say more?**

* Definition from www.lectlaw.com
** I know it's a parody.
posted by Joe Napalm @ 9:17 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Home: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
About Me:
Complete profile

Christmas Wish List
Previous Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Promote

Get Firefox!

 Use OpenOffice.org

Made on Fedora




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.