Friday, September 09, 2005
Funky Prose Friday
1. Of British historical novelist C.S. Forester, Ernest Hemingway wrote, "I recommend [him] to every literate I know." And because I consider myself a member of the literati, I am now reading the Horatio Hornblower series--what, what

2. I have been enjoying Wesley Son of Cornelius all week.

3. Last night we gathered for basketball, but only four of us showed up. We ended up playing very little basketball and sat around the picnic table talking. For me, that was more enjoyable than basketball. Jesse's involved with a sixth-grade ministry at Sevier Heights. Justin's involved in group discussions at church and is, I believe, filling in as a substitute for BJ this weekend.

4. I finished reading 1776 by David McCullough. It was a wonderful account, but I think it ended too abruptly.

5. Why is there nothing good on TV? We all say that; and,yet, there is still nothing worth watching. Or worse, there are some things that you needn't watch. But wouldn't it be safe to assume that TV programs are the product of the laws of supply and demand. There are more people across the country that are watching that crap than there would be that would watch something more wholesome.
posted by Joe Napalm @ 9:38 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger BJ not BK said…

    Funky Prose Friday and Free Prose Friday are some of my favorite times. I have not read anything by Forester but now I will make it a point to do so.

    I also enjoyed the conversation on Thursday.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Home: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
About Me:
Complete profile

Christmas Wish List
Previous Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Promote

Get Firefox!

 Use OpenOffice.org

Made on Fedora




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.