Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Backseat Banter
The other night I was eating pistachios and offered one to Ethan. He curled his nose and asked how they taste. I told him that they taste just like any other salty nut--like peanuts or walnuts. He thought that would be OK and took one. As soon as he bit into the nut it was obvious that he didn't care for it at all. He looked at me and said, "It tastes like I put a big ol' pile of mud in my mouth."

I laughed and said, "Mud?"

He looked at me with a stern expression in all sincerity and said, "I'm being serious, Dad. I'm not joking. It tastes like mud."

And then the other night Heather and I were in the living room talking while Jacob was in the kitchen working on homework. We heard, "Aaaarrrgggghhhh!"

Heather and I asked at once, "What's the matter?"

With his head in his hands, Jacob replied, "I wrote 'Jacod'." You see, Jacob, bless his heart, struggles with writing "b" and "d".
posted by Joe Napalm @ 11:10 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Home: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
About Me:
Complete profile

Christmas Wish List
Previous Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Promote

Get Firefox!

 Use OpenOffice.org

Made on Fedora




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.