Tuesday, November 01, 2005
Brush With Celebrity
Celebrities--or well-known personalities--that I've met (in no particular order):
  • Dolly Parton - I had a picture taken with her and I can't seem to find it.
  • Ted Nugent - I ate dinner with him in Kosovo and spoke politics.
  • Toby Keith - Same as Ted Nugent above, but he didn't speak.
  • Charlie Daniels - He signed a t-shirt.
  • Fuzzy Zoeller - Professional golfer who signed a golfball and Dad's baseball cap.
  • Fred Thompson - I spoke with him briefly at a military function.
  • Heath Shular - His girlfriend dropped her tray at Rafter's grill and I picked it up. He said, "Thank you".
  • Al Gore - OK, he doesn't really count because he was at a distance.
  • And I've met others that I wouldn't really consider "celebrity". There's local news and radio personalities such as Matt Hinkin and Hallerin Hill. And I've met several local and State government representatives like John Duncan, Jr., Tim Burchett and others.
Why do I care enough to blog about it? I don't know. I was just reminiscing....
posted by Joe Napalm @ 7:58 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger Daniel said…

    Bill Williams teaches my Mass Media class!

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Joe Napalm said…

    I heard that Bill Williams teaches the class, but I didn't know you were taking it. Cool. I understand he brings in guest speakers from other media outlets around the region. Maybe Phil Williams will drop by.

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger jholden said…

    I have been blessed enough over the years to meet some great men of God. You name em', I've probably met them. Adrian Rogers, Charles Stanley, James Merrit, Johnny Hunt, Junior Hill, E.V. Hill, Baily Smith, Rick Warren, Jerry Falwell, and many others.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Home: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
About Me:
Complete profile

Christmas Wish List
Previous Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Promote

Get Firefox!

 Use OpenOffice.org

Made on Fedora




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.