Thursday, February 02, 2006
Birthday Wish List
When I said that I wanted cash for my birthday, I meant Johnny Cash -- the "Man in Black". And I got it!

BK gave me "Johnny Cash: Reads the Complete New Testament" on audio CD. In fact, it is 19 hours recorded on 16 CDs! At first, I thought that it might be tough to listen to the entire New Testament being read. My Bible studies normally consist of reading a passage and then referencing and cross-referencing other passages or commentaries for a fuller understanding. I was also afraid that I would start day-dreaming and wouldn't pay attention. But I haven't found either to be the case. Mr. Cash reads slowly and clearly from the New King James Version with enough inflection to keep me interested.

I figure 30-minute drives a day means that I'll be through the entire New Testament in a little over three weeks.

Someone wrote that if God spoke "he would sound like Johnny Cash". I'm inclined to agree.

My other birthday gift was from Heather. And she, too, came through with a Cash gift. She gave me "Cash: The Legend," a four-CD compilation of the legend's songs from 1955 to 2002. Now, I can't seem to get "I Walk the Line" out of my head.

All of this leads me to think that maybe one day my estate will be worth lots more. According to Technorati.com, this blog is worth $0.00 (or nada). If I were to die tomorrow, I would expect it to be worth millions. It worked for Johnny Cash, right? Otherwise, next year I may need cash, not "Cash".
posted by Joe Napalm @ 7:44 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger BJ not BK said…

    Happy birthday bro. I was as excited to give you "Cash" as you were receiving it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Home: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
About Me:
Complete profile

Christmas Wish List
Previous Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Promote

Get Firefox!

 Use OpenOffice.org

Made on Fedora




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.