Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Joe's New Commitment
My new commitment to you, the reader, is to post at least one original essay per week. I decided today that I am growing weary of blogs that are trite -- not productive of something fresh or unusual. Our entertainment on television and radio is unoriginal. Our news is rubber stamped from the "wire."

"I used to make original snowmen, but it was time consuming, hard work. So I said, heck, this is crazy! Now I crank out crude imitations of what's already popular! It takes no time or thought, and most people don't care about the difference, anyway! And what good is originality if you can't crank it out?" - from the comic strip Calvin & Hobbes
posted by Joe Napalm @ 9:16 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger jholden said…

    I think that you're being to hard on yourself dude. You always write awesome stuff, I live for my free posse Friday.

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Blogger BJ not BK said…

    When did you trademark Free Prose Friday?

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Joe Napalm said…

    When variations of it started showing up on other blogs. :P

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Home: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
About Me:
Complete profile

Christmas Wish List
Previous Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Promote

Get Firefox!

 Use OpenOffice.org

Made on Fedora




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.