Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Whispering Willow
I decided today that there aren't enough poems or songs about the weeping willow tree. Weeping willows are inspiring. Boy, do I love 'em. It seems that the shade under a willow tree is ten degrees cooler than the shade under any other tree.

Why is it that willows fascinate me so? The cool shade, the soft rustling of the branches, the deep roots by the pond. This is my moment of zen.

My poem would start, "Weeping Willow, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways..."
posted by Joe Napalm @ 11:04 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Daniel said…

    Shade of vibrancy,
    Security incarnate,
    House of leaves,
    And home of secrets.
    Hide me in your branches,
    Behind,
    Below,
    And shield me from the world
    Beyond,
    That doesn't really know you,
    Or me.

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Joe Napalm said…

    Great! That poem plus all of the other willow poems and we now have ... 1.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Home: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
About Me:
Complete profile

Christmas Wish List
Previous Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Promote

Get Firefox!

 Use OpenOffice.org

Made on Fedora




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.