Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Do You Remember Preacher Mull?
A fond memory I have is sitting with Dad and watching the "Mulls Singing Convention" TV show before church. Actually, everyone that I know has that same memory. Not the sitting with by Dad part. That would be a little creepy because most of the time I sat in the living room in my underwear.

But, I digress. Remember his gravelly voice and "Ain't that right, Mizz Mull?"

And how about?

Elizabeth Mull: (soft, patient voice) "That was the the Happy Goodman Family singing 'I Can't Wait For You to Go to Heaven'."
J. Bazzel: "That's some mighty fine singin' -- mighty fine singin', Lady Mull."

He must've been born old, because I don't remember him being young. He died yesterday at the age of 91 -- not 291.
posted by Joe Napalm @ 9:41 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger jholden said…

    I was forced to watch it, but he was funny. It was funny when he would start rambling on about something and Lady Mull would reach under the table and pinch his leg to get him to shut up. Sometimes he would say, "Oh, it must be time for me to quit goin' on because Lady Mull pinchin' me again." That's was funny TV right there.

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger Joe Napalm said…

    I heard that she would tap Morse code on his leg to communicate.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Home: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
About Me:
Complete profile

Christmas Wish List
Previous Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Promote

Get Firefox!

 Use OpenOffice.org

Made on Fedora




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.