Friday, September 30, 2005
Free Prose Friday
1. Fridays with BJ (You know? Like "Tuesdays with Morrie"?) Heh, heh.

2. Man, do I love caller ID. BJ can't prank call me as much! Remember when Chuck prank called me at Pomeroy and complained about white powder coming out of his computer? He had me going for about 5 minutes. Wow, was that embarrassing.

3. Matthew's pep-talk: "Whatever you do, don't suck." Thanks, Matthew.

4. A news report said that last month we--the "royal" we--set a record for late credit card payments. I, personally, don't have any credit cards. And check out gas prices over $3.29 per gallon! I heard recently that the US has not built a new refinery since the 1970s. And with today's strict environmental laws, it would take 10 years to build a new one and cost nearly $3 billion. So gas prices are here to stay. Now can you see the importance of avoiding unnecessary debt? I do.

5. We have a new Chief Justice! Was everyone else, like me, holding their breath and hoping that the proceedings would go smooth? And that Judge Roberts would be confirmed? It felt like we were walking on egg shells for a couple of weeks. Why is that? Why did we tip-toe around the abortion issue and hope that it wouldn't come up? It's a moral issue, people!! It should've come up!!

My hope for the next Supreme Court nominee is for someone who is in-your-face morally upright, righteous and just (In-your-face humble? Hmmm...) I'd like to see it play out in front of America.
posted by Joe Napalm @ 5:03 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Home: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
About Me:
Complete profile

Christmas Wish List
Previous Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Promote

Get Firefox!

 Use OpenOffice.org

Made on Fedora




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.