Friday, September 23, 2005
Free Prose Friday
1. I've been watching all of the politicking during the Judge John Roberts nomination. What I think is sad is that here is a man that deserves an unanimous nomination, but both parties feel that they have to politicize the whole event. Would Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., pass a Senate Judiciary Committee vote today? "Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at the touch, nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening" - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

2. Is price gouging really a concern in a free-enterprise market? When either supply or demand change, prices change. I would yarn on about my opinions, but usually someone smarter than me says it better.

3. Don't you love it when someone says, "I hate to do this, but..."? Or "I'm don't want to point out someone's mistake, but..."? That little word "but" negates everything before it. It's a very underhanded word. Is it possible to avoid using "but" in our conversations? Hmmm...
posted by Joe Napalm @ 2:25 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger BJ not BK said…

    I like the word however. However is but in a tuxedo. I like your point...however :-)

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger Wesley Son of Cornelius said…

    I personally like 'nevertheless.' Can you really smash three words together and make it one word? Iguessso!

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Joe Napalm said…

    I agree with you both, nonetheless...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Home: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
About Me:
Complete profile

Christmas Wish List
Previous Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Promote

Get Firefox!

 Use OpenOffice.org

Made on Fedora




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.