Sunday, September 18, 2005
Sunday Thoughts
My blog is starting to form trends. I look forward to "Free Prose Friday" where I get a chance to unload thoughts that I've been mulling over throughout the week. Now I want to introduce "Sunday Thoughts".

I attend church three times a week. I co-teach Sunday School with my brother. And, therefore, I run into a lot of truths but also questions. So I'll share the truths. But I'll also share the questions and look for your responses.

This is what I've been thinking about for a couple of days:

Remember a post earlier that I entitled "Hate What God Hates"? Well, I can't get that off my mind. So I searched my PC Study Bible and began searching. Psalm 97:10 commands, "You who love the Lord, hate evil!"

I've for a long time said that love is a verb. It's not a mushy, warm feeling that you get. It is action. When you love your spouse, you show her. When you love your kids, you do things with them. When you love your friends, you check on them and care for them with deeds. Those that see you from outside of your relationship recognize your love for others not because you say it, but because your actions prove it.

So is hate action, too? Jesus said to bless those that curse you, love those that hate you and pray for those that persecute you. But Revelation speaks of God's hate of the deed of the Nicolaitans. So, obviously, the Bible separates the doer from the deed. In other words, don't hate the person, but hate the evil deeds. How do we put this into action?

This week I'll be searching the Bible and what it says about personal obligation and national obligation pertaining to hate.

A man after God's own heart--David--wrote this in Psalm 139 (NKJV):
Oh, that You would slay the wicked, O God!
Depart from me, therefore, you bloodthirsty men.
For they speak against You wickedly;
Your enemies take Your name in vain.
Do I not hate them, O Lord, who hate You?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?
I hate them with perfect hatred;
I count them my enemies.

posted by Joe Napalm @ 8:52 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Home: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
About Me:
Complete profile

Christmas Wish List
Previous Posts
Archives
Blogroll
Promote

Get Firefox!

 Use OpenOffice.org

Made on Fedora




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.